Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update 3

Fábio Augusto fabiomirmar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:08:16 UTC 2005

Mr. Lunt,

First of all, thanks a lot by answering my message.

Some libraries were already installed using both the 32 and 64 bit
packages. If I use the command rpm -ql package, I'm going to see some
libraries under the /lib directory and the same library under the
/lib64.

The processor used by the Open Power Server is under the IBM POWER
architecture. If I'm not wrong, this is a POWER 5 processor.

The great question is: Not all the libraries were installed, and now I
have to do it, so in the installation media, I have some packadges
called packagename-version.ppc.rpm and other packadges called
packagename-version.ppc64.rpm, but If I install one of them and then
try to install the other, I receive the message filed to install,
packadge packagename-version.ppc64.rpm conflicts with
packagename-version.ppc.rpm already installed.

What should I do? Which is the best way to install those packadges? Is
it safe to use rpm -ivh packagename-version.ppc64.rpm --nodeps?

Thanks a lot once more.