Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3

Lunt, Nick Nick.Lunt at wesleyan.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 14:45:03 UTC 2005

Hi Fabio,

[ please just call me Nick ;) ]

for the glibc and glibc-devel packages I ran up2date from the command line, this installed the 32 bit packages as the 64 bit packages were already installed when I installed the OS.

I also installed all the compat-* libs from the installation CD's.

I must stress that we are using RHAS4 and having just checked one of our servers I see that we did not have to install 2 versions of libstdc++, we just have the 64 bit version of libstdc++ installed.

Here is a list of the relevant RPM's I have installed -

compat-db-4.1.25-9
compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3
compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.3
compat-glibc-2.3.2-95.30