what is lpfc_do_dpc_0?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Nov 16 21:51:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:30:46PM +0200, Tolga Evren wrote:
> Hi Ed ,
>
> How can i check the driver versions?

I usually do a strings on the actual driver in a see what it reports.
Does RHEL 2.1 include the driver you're using or did you download one
from Emulex's web site?

Don't forget to check the firmware version.  That's usually more out of
the date than the drivers in my experience.  Emulex has a tool to check
the firmware version and sometimes it's reported when the HBA logs into
the fabric.  Check the messages file for right after the system booted
to see if it's in there.  If your HBA is an original from when RHEL 2.1
came out, it's probably an LP8000-E - they were popular back then.  The
firmware for those cards has been updated a fair bit over the years.

You may want to log a call with EMC on this.  In my previous experience
(we're not an EMC shop any more), their support has been pretty good and
they can tell you how to work through these issues.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA