Text Colours come back since changing to ksh from tcsh.

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:44:08 UTC 2005

Editiing the .vimrc file should have no bearing on the colors seen when
doing an ls -l.

ls is aliased to include a --color option if the terminal settings support
it.  If you were seeing garbage instead of colors, then your terminal is not
detecting properly, but if you just did not like the color scheme, you need
to edit the default profiles to remove the 'ls' aliases.

as for vim, the steps you quote should turn off the hilighting, unless there
is a local .vimrc to override the system defaults.

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises
email: me at gavitron.com