IBM Director Compatible Application for RedHat

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:59:55 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I have several IBM eServers on RHEL, and even more generic x86 pcs running
the Same.  (RHEL ES3).

Currently we use IBM Director Agent to monitor the eServers, but recently we
have discussed adding the x86's as well.  As I understand it, IBM allows up
to 5 non-IBM units to run the agent, but I have more than 5 x86s.  Do any of
you know of a RHEL-compatible F/OSS agent that can 'mimic' the Director
Agent's function, or better yet, mimic the Agent's protocol, allowing it to
connect to IBM's monitoring s/ware?

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises