A simple java question

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Thu Nov 24 14:58:39 UTC 2005

   Hello,
   This is not a Java mailing list. Since many of the linux experts and java
experts
   read this mailing list I am sending my simple java question. Iam new to
this
   Java language. Iam having these lines in my Java code which gives me
error.

   Part of the code is:

 import java.util.*;

 class ClockTalk {
         public static void main(String[] arguments) {
         GregorianCalendar now = new GregorianCalendar();
         int hour = now.get(Calendar.HOUROFDAY);
 }
}

   When I compile this Java code I get the following error:

 %  javac ClockTalk.java

ClockTalk.java:6: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable HOUROFDAY
location: class java.util.Calendar
         int hour = now.get(Calendar.HOUROFDAY);
                                    ^
1 error

  My java version is java version "1.4.2_08". Iam running this Linux RedHat
V3 OS.
  Which library Iam missing? How can I solve this problem?

   Regards,
   Kumar
Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |