Redhat Bare Metal Restore to different type server

dv0r4k dv0r4k at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 01:25:31 UTC 2005

 Hi,
Using mkCDrec, i'm able to restore a complete linux system (baremetal)
to different server. The backup source is Redhat 2.1AS on Compaq
Proliant ML370 G3, and restored to brand new Compaq Proliant ML370 G4.

The problem is, after the restore, the boot process in the new server
(ML370 G4) hangs (attached). I suspect that there are modules that
don't get loaded during boot, on the new machine.

1. My question is, what modules needed by ML370 G4 to be loaded during
initial boot-up?

2. what file I should edit if I move linux installation from ML370 G3
to ML370 G4?

Thanks,
EF