usb devices

Russell Golden dragonite.wylie at verizon.net
Sat Nov 26 04:46:30 UTC 2005

Which version are you using? In Red Hat Linux 9, you take the highest
SCSI device you have (sda, sdb, etc) and increase the last letter by
one. So if you had one SCSI drive already, the USB drive would be sdb.
if you had none, it would be 'sda.' (i went through this myself.)
once you figure that out, make a mount point in /etc/fstab. here's the
line I use:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/flashdrive vfat user,noauto,umask=0 0 0

device/partition mount point fs type

make sure you create the directory in /mnt before you try to use the
flash drive

If you use something besides RH9, I can't help you. sry