/dev/sda1 is not in the User Mount tool and yet my flash drive is plugged in.

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sat Nov 26 22:06:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Carl Reynolds wrote:

> Stephen Akandwanaho wrote:
>
>> Hello all !
>>
>> Iam wondering why my usb drive or flash drive is never detected on my
>> Linux machine.
>> when i run  ls /mnt/flash , it says no such directory.
>>
>> and when i run cat /etc/fstab, i dont see this line there  "/dev/sda1
>> /mnt/flash auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0 " it's not there.
>>
>> and when i run dmesg | grep scsi0 -A 3 ,i only get errors. SO IAM
>> WONDERING WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM and i want to copy some data from
>> there but it cant be mounted.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Stephen Akandwanaho
>>

> Have you tried
>  # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

For the manual mount command, nothing was necessary after

"mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash"

The other side of the coin has to do with whether or not this device is a
multi-slot card reader.  If it has 3 slots, he might need to look at
/dev/sdb1 or /dev/sdc1, as I do with my 6-in-1 reader.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit