Asus W6A kernel panik - RHEL 4 / kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Nov 30 10:26:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

recently I got a new Asus W6A Notebook and installed TAO-Linux 4 AKA
RHEL 4. The basic system works out of the box; features I didn't needed
yet aren'd testet. (e.g. Modem, Sound, Firewire)

Installing the latest patches including kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL runs
fine, but the labtop will not boot the new kernel.

Anytime I do get, is a Call Trace with a lot of messages, some refering
to snd_hda_codec, some to snd_azx. Ther are a lot of messages and they
aren't saved anywhere so I dont like to typewrite them at the moment ;-)

After that the Notebook freeses with "Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal
exception"

The kernel 2.6.9-5.0.3.EL works.

Any Ideas or tips?

Thanks & Regards