RedHat Server hangs... how to troubleshoot.

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:40:19 UTC 2005

Hi Nick,

Datacenter is a place where all the servers are kept at one place.. mounted
on racks..
The developers here run about 3 to 4 instances of weblogic on that server.
We have installed oracle 10g r1 client.

So far it was brought to my notice only when the server hung up.  I have
asked the developers to let me know when they use the server in future ...
so that I can monitor when they use.
I could only get a few warning messages from the logs... nothing much...

Nov 27 12:42:44 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SRAT)
returned 0!
Nov 27 12:42:44 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SLIT)
returned 0!
Nov 27 12:42:15 bangpcia4 redhat-support-check: WARNING: Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 2) requires no more than 2 CPUs to run as
a supported configuration. (4 detected)
Nov 27 16:07:07 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SRAT)
returned 0!
Nov 27 16:07:07 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SLIT)
returned 0!
Nov 27 16:06:37 bangpcia4 redhat-support-check: WARNING: Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 2) requires no more than 2 CPUs to run as
a supported configuration. (4 detected)
Nov 28 13:53:39 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SRAT)
returned 0!
Nov 28 13:53:39 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SLIT)
returned 0!
Nov 28 13:53:10 bangpcia4 redhat-support-check: WARNING: Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 2) requires no more than 2 CPUs to run as
a supported configuration. (4 detected)
Nov 29 10:25:57 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SRAT)
returned 0!
Nov 29 10:25:57 bangpcia4 kernel: Warning: acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SLIT)
returned 0!
Nov 29 10:25:28 bangpcia4 redhat-support-check: WARNING: Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 2) requires no more than 2 CPUs to run as
a supported configuration. (4 detected)

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
-GnanaShekar-