Other computers cannot ping my computer

Nupur channu.j at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:57:07 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, Yogi pn <yougander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the ping status........ you can also check if ICMP is enabled or
> disabled? ICMP has to be enabled on the remote machine to get the reply when
> you ping.

Hi,

iptables -l does not show me anything. and I stopped the service as
well. somehow, up2date is not working on my computer, so cannot use
it.

I am able to ping to others and they can ping each other except me.
So, still checking ICMP comes into picture? I dont think so it is
required.  And If it is required please let me know how to check for
ICMP?

Regards,
     Nupur