Serving LexMark color printers through samba

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Wed Nov 30 19:02:54 UTC 2005

We are having problems with some of our Windows XP connecting to
LexMark print queues that are on our RedHat
En 3 system.

The Windows computers are attached through samba; they can open up
Network Neighborhood, see the server and its printers.  The same
Windows computers can print successfully to our HP printers through our
RH samba server.
The print jobs to the LexMark color printers are listed in the
cups/error_log and in the page_log.  However, these jobs remain on the
Windows print monitor and active on the server's queue and never print.

2.4.21-37.EL   is the version of the RedHat system
samba-3.0.9-1.3E.5
cups-1.1.17-13.3.32

We have even used a raw queue on the server and downloaded the LexMark
print drivers to the Windows computers.

Any ideas?