How to configure fibre card on RHAS

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Thu Oct 6 17:31:49 UTC 2005

Ed,

Thanks for the reply. I had been subscribed on the taroon list; however I could
not find the link to the nahant-list (or new the name of the release) when I was
on the Redhat mailling list site. I just upgraded my system from RHEL3 to RHEL4
as was just looking for it and was suprised to see that neiter the taroon nor
the nahant lists weren't visible on the site (I had to do a search)? Do you know
if there are separate lists for RHAS or not? I'm already subscribed to quite a
few lists...

This will be a fresh install of RHAS. The solution will be Oracle RAC so, and I
haven't checked to see if RHAS 4 is supporting this officially or not yet. I
would prefer to deploy the latest version if possible. If not RHAS 3 will be the
next candidate. At this point I'm not sure... I know it supports 9i.

The solution will also be a cluster (using the RAC). Each node will be an HP
DL380 system with an MSA 1000 as the SAN. It's a package deal. Each node will
have a single fibre card. Unfortunately I haven't yet found out the model of the
cards yet.

Thanks,

James