Re: cloning using mondo

When you did your interactive restore did you restore to a different
style of disk SCSI vs IDE?

No.  The systems are identical.

Did you update your grub.conf before you
rebooted and did you install grub?

I didn't. I don't recall these from TFM (The "F" applies greatly right now, btw), but maybe I missed it. Can someone help me along with this whole grub thing? I also got some advice to use fdisk to make sure my partition is bootable. I'm not sure how I use either of these utilities from a box that doesn't detect an OS... do they have some type of mini-OS that allows them to do their work without a Linux kernel on the machine?

Thanks for the help.
SOW