cloning using mondo

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Mon Oct 3 13:29:46 UTC 2005

Boot from your RedHat install disc 1 and go into rescue mode

boot: linux rescue

Once the process starts and finds your install let it goto a prompt.

Chroot to your installation

/sbin/grub-install and the path to your MBR. If it's scsi it should be
/dev/sda if ide /dev/had.

I would also check your grub.conf file and make sure it's intact.

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services