IBM X236 Server RAID 7k version mismatch

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:11:52 UTC 2005

The error is telling you exactly the problem.  You will need to upgrade
the ServRaid BIOS and Firmware.  Go to IBM support web page and download
the necessary files for your model.  I use a CD "iso" image that has all
BIOS and Firmware upgrades included.  Burn the CD and boot to it, follow
the instructions on the screen.  The whole process takes about 20
minutes.

One warning, DO NOT upgrade the hard drive firmware.  The process will
break your RAID set and it will need to rebuild after completion.  Good
luck.