How to configure fibre card on RHAS

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Oct 6 20:34:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:26:54PM -0000, James Marcinek wrote:
> I found that they are using following:  FCA 2214 HBA cards
>                                         Oracle 10G
>                                         RHAS 4
>
> So there's nothing that needs to be done as far as the fabric
> communication? (eg WWW names, etc). My experience with working with
> SAN devices is very limited until now?

On the MSA1000, I believe that you need to present the storage to the
right host and that's normally done by WWN (World Wide Name).  It's been
a couple of years since I saw an MSA1000 being configured (for a Windows
server) but the concept should be the same as any other SAN controller.
The WWN you can get by looking at the switch (if the MSA1000 is
connected to a switch) or from the host.  e.g.:

[ewilts at corpftp ewilts]$ grep adapter-node /proc/scsi/qla2300/?
/proc/scsi/qla2300/0:scsi-qla0-adapter-node=200000e08b191b91;
/proc/scsi/qla2300/1:scsi-qla1-adapter-node=200000e08b19a7a3;

Cheers,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA