Keeping Up-to-Date With Oracle

Joe Hood joe.hood at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:13:16 UTC 2005

OK, finally got the skinning on not keeping up-to-date on Redhat AS3
with Oracle 11i.

The problem here is gcc 2.96, Oracle wants that for compiling its
programs.  I've been keeping my Redhat AS3 boxes up-to-date (gcc
3.2.3) but when I recently applied the July 2005 Security Updates, I
had compiling problems and my Concurrent Managers would not start.

The easy way out of this is to run the patch spoken of in Metalink
Note:268354.1, which is covered in the initial installation of Oracle
onto Redhat Linux.

Just to complete this thread.

Joe