    Alfred Hovdestad

Han Tin wrote:
Thanks. The date of the file I am printing is Sep 27 07:48 xxpkrqup.p.bak

Header is printing Sat 08 Oct 2005 11:25:52 PM EDT.

And it's not today's date either.

Where this date come from.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alfred Hovdestad [mailto:alfred hovdestad usask ca]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 11:05 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: mpage and pr combination script

man mpage

-H Create header line for each logical page separated from page text by a horizontal line. Unless -h is given, the header con- sist of last file modification, filename and page number, all in bold and slightly larger font. This option only applies to non-
               postscript files.

Han Tin wrote:

To all,
I was wondering if someone has written a script that will print a file

using

combination of mpage and pr, which will print name of the file, date and page number of the file.
Thanks in advance.
Han