how to run dos base program under linux

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Wed Oct 12 07:00:24 UTC 2005

>>> sender: "Philippe Couas" date: "Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 07:57:13AM +0200" <<<EOQ
> Install an Virtual Machine VMWARE in your Linux
> http://www.vmware.com
Pardon me, but isn't that like using a cannon to catch mosquitos :D ?

There are two projects specifically dedicated to runing MS-DOS programs
under Linux, and they both do a great job at doing that:
dosbox - http://dosbox.sf.net
dosemu - http://www.dosemu.org

Dosbox has a unique feature that lets you mount, from within the DOS session,
folders from the Linux tree, and it's really easy to get it started, usually
you can just run it right away, once you installed it. Then from inside of
DOS you do a:
mount c: /path/to/your-MS-DOS-files

A nice day to everyone,
Alex