X server issues

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 15:36:57 UTC 2005

>From the FAQ:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html

3.5. Is there a Focus-Follows-Mouse feature (Auto-Focus)?

This is a setting of the windowmanager used. The default windowmanager twm
has no such feature. But with fvwm2 this can be achieved with the this
configuration entry:

Focus FocusFollowsMouse

Other windowmanagers (eg. windowmaker) have similar features too.

If you are using the -multiwindow mode you can not set this behaviour in the
windowmanager but you can use the TweakUI tool to enable this feature for
all windows, not limited to Cygwin/X windows.

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises
email: me at gavitron.com