Re: ipconfig No RUNNING message

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:02:56AM -0700, Pyle, Brian wrote:
> I repeat.... "The interface is completely functional"  It just doesn't
> show RUNNING in the stdout when I run the ifconfig.

How do you really know it's fully functional?  Shutting down one of the
interfaces and ping'ing something else on the same subnet doesn't verify
it since BOTH interfaces are on the same subnet.  Did you tcpdump the
interface to see what's going on?

Change the IP address for one of the interfaces and see what happens.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA