Re: Pagecache size

Marcelino Mata wrote:
Hi all,

Hi

We have a Opteron workstation with 16GB RAM which we use to run large
memory jobs.  It seems that no matter what we set
/proc/sys/vm/pagecache, the system starting swapping out after 12GB RAM
is used.  The largest job only needs about 13GB RAM so it runs in RAM.
I have read the knowledge based docs and a few others but I can't seem
to address this issue.

Can you provide us the output of 'vmstat 10 10' when memory used > 12 GB?

RHEL 3.0 Update5 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp (64bit)

Shouldn't you be using the hugemem kernel (or is that only for x86)?

Marcelino

--
Ugo

-> Please avoid top-posting, long signatures and HTML, and cut the irrelevant parts in your replies.