RE: Need drivers for sata hard drive

As far I know you CAN NOT mix SATA and SCSI disks.   Must be IDE and SATA or SCSI only.

I tried it to see what happens and it totally messes up drive tables.

SATA uses SCSI emulation system.  SATA drive shows up as /dev/sda1 (for example).

Don't know if the problem is unique to RHEL 3 or all Linux.

Marcelino