RE: Problems with using text based ftp from behind a proxyserveronRedHat ES 4

" I can't log into the remote server in the first place"
Tom.

I, too am behind a MS Winsock Proxy server and I can't get through it
with any of my RH boxes, nor my HP-UX boxes.  I sent a question to the
list a while back and nothing that was sent back worked.  There was a
couple of 3rd party utilities that were suggested, but I couldn't get
any to work.  I gave up and used a MS box for any ftp's outside of our
network.

If you have better luck, I would be interested in the outcome.

Regards, Marshall