RedHatand IPSEC Openswan

Geoff Amer geoff.amer at cerc.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 15:24:45 UTC 2005

Dear mailing list

Can anyone tell me if RedHat Enterprise Linux ES version 4 (the latest
flavour) supports IPSEC Openswan?

At present we are running  RedHat Enterprise Linux ES version 3, kernal
2.4.27 with IPSEC Openswan 2.1.6 rc1.  Upgrading to kernal 2.6.9, using
IPSEC Openswan 2.1.6rc1 does NOT work (or we can not get it to
work???).  We would like to upgrade the RedHat Enterprise Linux ES version
4, but can not find anywhere on the RedHat website that gives information
as to whether IPSEC Openswan is supported (included)..... can find info on
IPSEC Racoon, but we DO NOT want this flavour of IPSEC!!

Many thanks for any info/help in advance.

Geoff

Cambridge Environmental Research Consultants Ltd. cannot accept any
responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as
it has been transmitted over a public network.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, this e-mail and any
accompanying files have been transmitted to you in error.  You may not
copy, distribute or make any other use of the information contained in
them.