Updating Packages Question

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Wed Oct 19 09:02:27 UTC 2005

Hi Rik,

Rik Herrin wrote:
> Paul,
>   Thanks for your reply.  Is there any way to
> differentiate between which services will restart
> properly and which need to be started manually?
I have no idea (trial and error?) :-S
I just found out that openldap is properly restarted as well, ... maybe
it's mostly packages from "extra" that are not properly restarted after
an upgrade (that is, the mysqld is from that channel)?

I hoped that someone more experienced with redhat would answer ;-)
>   Also,
> did you post this issue on Bugzilla?

Nope, I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour. Hmm, now I think of it ;-)

Paul