Re: Updating Packages Question

Hi Rik,

Rik Herrin wrote:
Paul,
  Thanks for your reply.  Is there any way to
differentiate between which services will restart
properly and which need to be started manually?
I have no idea (trial and error?) :-S
I just found out that openldap is properly restarted as well, ... maybe it's mostly packages from "extra" that are not properly restarted after an upgrade (that is, the mysqld is from that channel)?

I hoped that someone more experienced with redhat would answer ;-)
  Also,
did you post this issue on Bugzilla?
Nope, I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour. Hmm, now I think of it ;-)

Paul