Bare metal recovery

Shane Presley shane.presley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:15:11 UTC 2005

On 10/19/05, Smith, Albert <Albert.Smith at genexservices.com> wrote:
> I use mondorescue and it works great for me.

Very interesting package.  We use Veritas NetBackup for tape backup of
our system, but that doesn't help us with bare metal restores.  Our
current procedure is rather complicated, but we install a fresh new OS
and veritas netbackup client, dump the veritas restored data to a
second drive, install grub on the second drive, and boot from it.

Anyway monorescue looks a lot easier.  But I'm wonder how we could
integrate it with Veritas (for tape backup).  We don't have any CD
Burners, and our systems are often large (100GB).

Shane