postfix+cyrus sasl problem

Anmol Bedi anmolbedi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:27:36 UTC 2005

Hi,
 You need to choose the appropriate authentication plugin, you can chose
auxprop, sql, ldap, saslauthd.
 And you have selected saslauthd here.
 So you need to change your smtpd.conf which can be found in sasl2
directory.
 E.g.
 # smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: plain login

sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: vmailuser
sql_passwd: password123
sql_database: mail
sql_select: select clear from postfix_users where email='%u@%r' and
smtpaccess='Y'
  You need to alter your query lines as per your database structure.
 for any more probs do contact me.
  Regards,
Anmol Bedi
RHCT, CCNA
 On 10/20/05, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel at todo-linux.com> wrote:

> El Martes 18 Octubre 2005 17:56, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez escribió:
> > Hi all.
> > I've installed postfix, which is running nice (i'm able to send a mail
> > using telnet), i've also installed cyrus-imapd and cyrus-sasl.
> > I want my users to be autenticaded using mysql, with pam_mysq, i've also
> > installed saslauthd.
> >
> > I've got a problem when my users try to connect my smtp server, i get
> this:
> >
> > Oct 18 15:38:01 desastre postfix/smtpd[4522]: connect from
> > unknown[192.168.1.2 <http://192.168.1.2>]
> > Oct 18 15:38:01 desastre postfix/smtpd[4522]: warning:
> > unknown[192.168.1.2 <http://192.168.1.2>]: SASL LOGIN authentication
> failed
> > Oct 18 15:38:06 desastre postfix/smtpd[4522]: disconnect from
> > unknown[192.168.1.2 <http://192.168.1.2>]
> >

> > I'm sure that user and password (create with web-cyradm) is ok.
> > I don't know where to search for the problem :(
> > If you need the output of some file, i will be pleased to send you
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> > Manuel
>
> Hi all, i've done some improvements in my installation, i got this error
> in
> logs, any help will be apreciate:
>
> warning: SASL authentication problem: unrecognized plaintext verifier
> saslauthd
>
> Manuel
>
> --
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez #Linux Registered User 295750
> Socio de Hispalinux 1813
> Red Hat Linux 9, Kernel 2.6.2 ReiserFS
> Firma cifrada

With warm regards,