Wireless on linux/Battery Life

Hello All,

I recently decided I can not do without wireless on my laptop (EMachines
6805) running Fedora Core 4. I know the ndiswrapper is out there, but I
was curious to know whether  there was anything else out there of the
sort, that allows me to use the wireless adapter on my laptop. Also, I can
easily replace Fedora Core 4 with RHEL 4 if RHEL could provide an easier
solution.

My Second question is regarding my battery life. Why does Fedora eat up my
battery so fast? What changes should I make to have my battery last
longer?

--
Very Respectfully,
Cesar Covarrubias