Hanging process cannot be killed except from "kill -9"

Radtanapan Janjanejob radtanapan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 06:05:34 UTC 2005

I understand that this issue used to be posted in many web site. However, most of users delighted with "kill -9" command even though the resource cannot be returned clearly. I would very much appreciated if anyone can give me an advice for the following questions:

- Is it the known issue of the Red Hat?
- Is there any workaround/solution which is better than "kill -9" e.g. coding style or how to tune machine?

Thanks