Hanging process cannot be killed except from "kill -9"

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:55:05 UTC 2005

What about sending the hung process a different signal,
like SIGHUP or SIGTERM  to get it to clean up properly...?

I cant answer your first question, since you would have
to specify _WHAT_PROCESS_ is hanging.

For your second question, Yes there is a work around;  Don't
write code that hangs.. ;)

-G

Regards,

Gavin McDonald