Re: unblock port 25

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:55, Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Can anyone tell me how to enable port 25 in my server? I am able
> to ping to this port as local host, but it is failing when try to
> ping using DNS.

One possibility, assuming that you are using sendmail.mc as your
configuration file, is this:

======== sendmail.mc ========
dnl changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device 127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

Regards, Mike Klinke