unblock port 25

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at rocketmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:36:02 UTC 2005

Greetings Nagarjuna,

Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri wrote:

>This worked fine after I edited the following line in my sendmail.cf
>
>From:
>O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
>To:
>O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA
>
>The above resule can be achived by commenting out "
>DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')" from sendmail.mc
>and generating sendmail.cf using m4 after that.

The original thought behind the option that you just disabled was to
restrict where the sendmail listened for connections , so that it wouldn't
be an open relay ( relaying , sending emails to the whole internet for
everybody , even spammers ) .  So i guess you would have to reenable
the above option or edit access.db , so that your sendmail would relay
emails
just for you and not for the entire world

Kind Regards,
   Kostas