redhat-config-packages using iso image

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Thu Oct 27 07:57:59 UTC 2005

bob flynn wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to do the following. Run redhat-config-package pointing to
>loopback mounts of iso images.
>
>My understanding is the following works.
>
>1. copy .discinfo from the first disk to the subdirectory containing the
>disk images.
>
>ie folder redhat contains
>
>disk1
>disk2
>disk3
>.discinfo
>
>this should allow the following to work.
>
>redhat-config-packages -tree=/redat
>
>the problem is that I cannot get it to work. I get an error message
>
>installation tree not found. The path does not look like a proper
>installation source.
>
>Note the above folder details were an example, I want to sort this out
>for an internal set of images for
>
>redhat x
>fedora x
>redhat enterprise 3 x
>redhat enterprise 4 x
>
>I figure the method is common to all. I simply cannot get it working at
>the moment. Any help appreciated.
>
>-Bob

Further investigation has got me this far. If I run

redhat-config-packages --isodir=/path/to/version/iso/images

the installer starts, it shows the images but there are a couple of
problems;

1. The main scroll bar does not work, ie you cannot scroll down to see
packages other than what is immediatly displayed.

2. Taking an example. If I select Engineering and Scientific, and then
deselect all packages other than units.  Click on update.

I get the following error message;

The following packages could not be found. Installation cannot continue
until they are installed.

Unlocated package libartsc.so.O

There may be more, but again the scroll function does not work on this
window.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.