sendmail losing e-mails: RESOLUTION

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:37:09 UTC 2005

In case anybody's interested for your own reference:

DISCOVERED PROBLEM:

- I was sending to a hotmail account and Microsoft has intensive anti-spam
software. For further info, Hotmail website for postmasters:(
http://postmaster.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/postmaster.asp?ContextNav=Senders)

- My e-mails were being catalogued as SPAM (probably because it was coming
from a domain not registered in any DNS) and because same message was being
sent in 15 minute intervals (to only 1 e-mail account, though)

- The e-mails I was sending were not being delivered to the Hotmail Junk
E-Mail folder thus I was not alerted that they were being delayed
(potentially some deleted, I'm not sure).

RESOLUTION:

- Added the sending e-mail address to Hotmail Junk E-Mail allowed list and
this allowed a lot more through (I still lost some duplicate e-mails sent at
almost the same time, but they may come in later)

- DECIDED NOT TO SEND TO A HOTMAIL ACCOUNT.  I send to my ISP e-mail account
and have added the sending address to their SPAM filter allowed list and
EVERYTHING WORKS FINE!

Michael