Scripts

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:08:17 UTC 2005

Has the directory had its "immutable" flag switched on?

[root at willspc wmcdonald]# mkdir immutable
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# chown wmcdonald.wmcdonald immutable/
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# ls -ld immutable/
drwxr-xr-x  2 wmcdonald wmcdonald 4096 Oct 27 17:04 immutable/
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# lsattr immutable/
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# chattr +i immutable/
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# cd immutable/
[root at willspc immutable]# touch blahfile
touch: cannot touch `blahfile': Permission denied
[root at willspc wmcdonald]# su - wmcdonald

[wmcdonald at willspc ~]$ ls -ltr immutable/
total 0
[wmcdonald at willspc ~]$ ls -ld immutable/
drwxr-xr-x  2 wmcdonald wmcdonald 4096 Oct 27 17:04 immutable/
[wmcdonald at willspc ~]$ cd immutable/
[wmcdonald at willspc immutable]$ touch sneefile
touch: cannot touch `sneefile': Permission denied
[wmcdonald at willspc immutable]$

Will.