GRUB dual-boot 32/64bit RHEL ES - followup

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:28:15 UTC 2005

My thanks go out to Ed Wilts, and Marcelino Mata on this one;

Ed for this insight:
> Both have the root device being /.  Relabel one of them with e2label and
> then update grub.conf accordingly.  Right now, both will use the same
> partition for /.

and Marcelino for this gem:
> I believe the /etc/fstab will also need to be updated to reflect the new
> e2label label....or remove the labels from menu.lst and fstab.  Labels
> can a be pain with dual/triple boot OS installs.

While booted into the still-functional 32-bit OS, I relabeled the 64-bit
partitions, updated grub, updated /etc/fstab on the 64-bit partition, and
rebooted.  An instant Success!

Thanks again fellows!

Regards,

Gavin McDonald