Re: Scripts

immutable? I'm still new to Linux, so... can the Nautilus file manager change the flag?

Will McDonald wrote:

Has the directory had its "immutable" flag switched on?

[root willspc wmcdonald]# mkdir immutable
[root willspc wmcdonald]# chown wmcdonald.wmcdonald immutable/
[root willspc wmcdonald]# ls -ld immutable/
drwxr-xr-x  2 wmcdonald wmcdonald 4096 Oct 27 17:04 immutable/
[root willspc wmcdonald]# lsattr immutable/
[root willspc wmcdonald]# chattr +i immutable/
[root willspc wmcdonald]# cd immutable/
[root willspc immutable]# touch blahfile
touch: cannot touch `blahfile': Permission denied
[root willspc wmcdonald]# su - wmcdonald

[wmcdonald willspc ~]$ ls -ltr immutable/
total 0
[wmcdonald willspc ~]$ ls -ld immutable/
drwxr-xr-x  2 wmcdonald wmcdonald 4096 Oct 27 17:04 immutable/
[wmcdonald willspc ~]$ cd immutable/
[wmcdonald willspc immutable]$ touch sneefile
touch: cannot touch `sneefile': Permission denied
[wmcdonald willspc immutable]$

Will.