RHEL 4 Freezing on Laptop

Hey All,

I have an Emachines 6805 Laptop running RHEL 4. I boot up the machine with
my laptop connected to the power. When I disconnect the charger and go to
battery, RHEL freezes on me. The same thing happens if I startup my machine
with the Ethernet cable plugged in, and then disconnect it. Has anyone ever
encountered this? If so, what did you do to fix the problem?

Very Respectfully,

Cesar Covarrubias