X Forwarding with telnet

I'm running RHEL 4, and am unable to forward X apps to my local display
when I telnet to a remote machine.

I have correctly set the DISPLAY correctly on the remote machine, and
also ran xhost +, but am still unable to run any remote X apps on my
display.

Is there some local config file that I need to modify to allow this?  I
have iptables stop, and SELinux is not running.

Thanks.

-Rob