Autocomplete directories using tcsh - tab/escape key

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon Sep 26 13:56:58 UTC 2005

Hello,
             We are looking at moving all user accounts from tcsh to ksh to
enable certain bits of software  to work properly. When the users currently
login they get  standard profile so all paths to software and aliases are
the same. I am trying to find out what/where  allows users to autocomplete
directories i.e when they type cd /user/a they then press tab or escape and
it completes the directory i.e   cd /user/andrewb. We need to get this
autocomplete function to work when we move to ksh as the users have said it
is a very useful function. Any help with this would be much appreciated on
this issue.

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic09781.jpg)