multipath support status

Ray Stell stellr at cns.vt.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:00:38 UTC 2005

I'm seeking clarity (clue) on multipath support in RHAS4.
Seems to be partly there.

I find:
http://sources.redhat.com/dm/

points to:
http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/

The docs here say to install a 2.6.12-rc1 kernel which leaves
me with some questions:

1. Is there any support of this in the stock kernel 2.6.9-11.EL?
2. Multipath-tools-0.4.5.49.tar won't compile under 2.6.9-11.EL,
   is the kernel the issue for building the tools?
3. Looks like parts of the multipath-tools are included in
   RHAS4 such as  dmsetup, /lib/libdevmapper.a, and /lib/libdevmapper.so,
   but not all of it.  If I do get it to build are there
   implications on the install of trashing other stock
   products?
4. Is there a more appropriate for RHAS4 then the urls above?

Thanks.