How to build one binary for all Redhat systems?

Karasik, Vitaly vkarasik at nds.com
Mon Sep 12 07:05:21 UTC 2005

> My development project's software must run on multiple
> Redhat-based platforms (All the FedoraCore series, Redhat
> Enterprise Linux/Centos 4.x and 3.x, possibly Redhat 9). I
> want to build as few binary flavors as possible. My best
> scenario would find us building one binary that works on all
> these platforms.
>
> Is this possible? If not, can I build fewer binary packages
> then number of platforms, and if so, which build systems
> should I build on?
>
> Fyi, our software uses SystemV message queues
> extensively...in case this happens to be system-dependent.
>
> More details here:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&thre
> adid=362514

Did you alreay read "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Application
Compatibility"?

http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/rhel4/AppCompat.pdf

Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.