Restore Command

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Sep 14 13:18:01 UTC 2005

Hello,
            We have just started using the dump command to backup the /
filesystem on a very important redhat machine. The command we run is dump
0uf /software/linux_dump. I have had a look at the man pages but i am
getting a bit confused with regards the correct syntax to use with the
restore command. Could someone tell me the correct restore command to get
all the data back off the dump command i have run above. Your help is much
appreciated.

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic18762.jpg)