Time and zone setting in RHEL3

Jeff jsmforum at optonline.net
Wed Sep 21 15:57:28 UTC 2005

ntpdate > clock.redhat.com <http://clock.redhat.com> # > hwclock -w  Now

> that's done.  Regards --oops  I can set the
> time no problem and i've manually edited the
> /etc/sysconfig/clock to have

Timeconfig is the same as redhat-config-date and that doesn't help.  How
am I supposed to know that Atlantic/Reykjavik is the same as GMT?
That's basically my gripe with the tool, can't they just use the
standard GMT+ or GMT- for timezones?