webcam installation

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 16:42:17 UTC 2005

I am trying to install a webcam. But I have am facing
problems. The camera is working in windows.

The camera is "TOWERS PC-2035". It works on USB port.
I am using RedHat 9.0

I have a few questions:
  a. Do we need to do
            # mkdir /mycamera
            # mount /dev/sda1 /mycamera
     Or is it not necessary. I have tried to do it
     but it does not recognise it.
     says "/dev/sda1 is not a block device".

  b. Do I need a device driver? Can you suggest any?

  c. Any guidelines how to make it work?

  d. Any software that will make it work. I have
     tried two  softwares "webcam" and "gtkam". But
     they say /dev/video0 not found.
bye
shiraz