Question for how to burn dual layer DVD+R with single large file

Yasushi Okubo yasushi at cabm.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 27 13:18:56 UTC 2005

Hi experts

I am testing a new pioneer dual layer dvd writable drive with kernel
2.6.9.5.xx and trying to write a single file (tar/gz file) that  is
over  5G.   And I see the following errors:
It seems there is a limit on the file size. I have searched google,but I
have not found any answer for this.
Could someone advise me how I can get around this problem ?  I could
burn with nerolinux indeed, but I would like to know if I can do this
without costing me.
I am passing the filename and values to growisofs (frontend of mkisofs),
but see errors.  I think I have the latest dvd+rw tools.
So, does mkisofs still have a file size limit ?
Does anyone know support plan or enhancement plan of mkisofs for daul
layer dvd ?

Thanks,
yasushi

dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-4

mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File
/wd80_buena/archive/old_farm_users/mbayro.tar.gz is too large - ignoring
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 169
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
/dev/scd0: "Current Write Speed" is 2.5x1385KBps.
Max brk space used 0
181 extents written (0 MB)
/dev/scd0: flushing cache
/dev/scd0: closing track