Installing mplayer on RHEL WS 4

Mark Farmer farmerma at cromwell.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:56:09 UTC 2005

Ian Waring wrote:
> There's no yum nor mplayer on Red Hat's distribution. Anyone know a quick
> way of getting mplayer loaded (or yum!) so that I don't keep hitting "oh,
> and that needs more dependencies loaded"?
>
> I'd like to leave the "truth happens" DVD footage going at a big customer
> event tomorrow... without having to use Windows to do it!
>
> Ian W.
> --
> Ian Waring - Simplicity Sells!
> ian.waring at gmail.com

dag.wieers has rpm's for mplayer, follow the link instructions on how to use the
repository.
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php

If you need support for DVD menus, you might want to consider ogle instead, dag has
rpm's for that too :-)

HTH

--
Mark Farmer
Linux System Administrator

This email is intended for the named recipient. The information contained
in it is confidential.  You should not copy it for any purposes, nor
disclose its contents to any other party.  If you received this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately via email, and delete it from
your computer.

necessarily represent those of the company.

Registered Office: PO Box 14, Chartwell Dr, Wigston, Leicester. LE18 1AT